Welcome to my “home” page. I am driven and thrive when I have a project that can keep my focus. However, this is balanced by a strong homelife. Here are just a few of the things I fill my home life with.
- Boardgames: I continue my reign as boardgame queen and my collection includes, but is not limited to, Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, Pandemic, Bang.
- Rowing: As a committed Cambridge student, I could not escape without trying my hand at rowing. I am proud to have rowed for my college in the W1 boat if even for just a few terms.
- Reading: There is nothing better than curling up with a tea, comfy socks, and a good book. Some of my favorite titles are Game of Thrones, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night, Incredibly Loud and Extremely Close, Lamb, A Million Little Pieces, and The Giver, just to name a few.
- Travel: I travel whenever possible and have been fortunate enough to have done a great deal already. Countries visited includ South Africa, Italy, Germany, England, Spain, Jamaica, Egypt, Mexico and Greenland. Having lived on spartan student life, I have become an expert of sorts at finding affordable ways to get around and am happy to share the fruits of this skill.
- SCUBA and Sailing: When I am around the ocean, I am also usually in it. I am a certified open water diver – there is nothing better than the magnificence of the bio-luminescence of a night dive.
- House: Finally, House M.D. (TV-series) fueled my undergraduate career and quickly became an obsession of sorts. During casual conversation, my affliction became known by a colleague who asked whether I was interested writing a book chapter with him. Obviously, I jumped.